"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." John F. Kennedy

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

PIRATES!!!

We had a great Pirate Day in Room 113!!! The kids wore headbands and eye patches, and many chose to get tattoos! We read and wrote about pirates all day, and also played some pirate games like walking the plank and gathering jewels with pirate hooks. We ended the day with a special ocean treat. 
It was a fantastic last full day as a class together. Tomorrow we will reflect on our year and look at our yearbooks. I would like to extend a very heartfelt thanks to all of you for your help and support this year. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with your children and see all of them grow so much - today was a wonderful celebration of friendships made and social skill growth. I will miss your children, but will hold them in my heart for years to come. I check my email throughout the summer, and would love to hear how they are doing. I will be at Walled Lake Elementary School in the fall, with a group of new kindergartners - an exciting adventure for us as we open two new classrooms there. I wish you all a wonderful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment