"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." John F. Kennedy

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Camp Week!

Camp Week was a lot of fun. We brainstormed a big list of names for our camp and then voted on our favorite one. We decided to be called "Camp Cookie"!  We made lanterns and used them to read camping stories with. 
We were busy with many crafts. We used a big rubber fish to create colorful fish prints. We made beaded necklaces and books about woodland animals.
We also created little bird feeders to take home. 
Of course, it wouldn't be camp week without making s'mores!!!
We were a wonderful class of very happy campers all week long!
 It was great to see all of the children really shine in these past few weeks of school - I have seen so much growth and progress and have enjoyed them all so much! They had a wonderful field trip on Friday, and we have had a wonderful Camp Week this week - I am so thrilled that the year ended so well for everyone! 
I would like to wish you all a wonderful summer break. It has been a joy and honor to teach your children and I have loved spending time with them and getting to know all of my families. I will miss those students who are moving on and will keep them in my heart always. Please keep in touch - I love hearing how my former students are doing. For those who are returning in the fall, I am excited to think about our school year ahead! I will see you all on September 5 for the first day of school! 



No comments:

Post a Comment