Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Our First Day Was Great!
We had a wonderful start to our new school year! It was exciting to see how the children had grown over the summer, and to hear about what they did on summer vacation. We reviewed our Rules for Learning today at Group Time and our Snail puppet helped us practice : ears listening, eyes watching, body still and mouth quiet. The kids did a great job, and we earned a link in our Team Work chain. You will be proud to know that when Miss Vella came in for our music class, your children were able to follow those rules and have an excellent music class! Later this week, I will send home a Home Link about the Rules for Learning lesson for you and your child to complete together and send back. I will also send home a permission slip for you to sign that will allow me to include photos of your child in our blog.
Our day was very busy - we worked, everyone participated in a reading group, we had Center Time, heard stories, had music and Group Time and even went out to the playground when it stopped raining. Mrs. Schnieders, our social worker, was here as well today. Her days at school will be all day Tuesday and Wednesday and in the afternoon on Thursday.
I am sure that your children were tired at the end of the day, but I hope they were also excited about school. We have such a wonderful group this fall! I can tell that we are going to make good progress together. I hope to see as many parents as possible at our Curriculum Night - next Thursday at 6:45. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment