"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." John F. Kennedy

Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Wonderful Performance for our Families!

We practiced fair ways to play with a friend in our Skills for Learning lesson this week. We learned that sometimes friends have trouble agreeing on a toy or game to play. We can talk with our friend and see if we can be a problem solver. Some fair ways to solve a problem include sharing and taking turns.
We finished reading "Charlotte's Web" - we really loved that book! We all had a favorite character, and we were able to find traits in them that were both good and bad - just like in people!  For example, Templeton was a scheming, grumpy rat...but he also brought Charlotte words for her web and he agreed to get her egg sac down for Wilber. I hope that you will enjoy reading with and to your child this summer - it is a wonderful way to develop attention span as well as many literacy skills.
After a great deal of hard work, we were really excited to present our Coping Skills Celebration to our families! It was wonderful to see so many of you there to support your child - we appreciate that important home-school connection! I hope you enjoyed the program, and I hope you felt proud of your child and his or her progress this year. I know I was!



No comments:

Post a Comment