"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures." John F. Kennedy

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

This week we learned about "self-talk for staying on task". This is a strategy that students can use to help themselves listen, follow directions, and stay on task. I am so pleased that with our regular practice, our students have really improved their ability to listen, focus and follow directions. Their ability to watch and listen quietly during group discussions and lessons has made them more able to take in new information, which is critical for learning! Thank you for helping your children with the home links - I love our home-school partnership!

We have continued our study of animals in winter and we have learned about hibernation and migration. We'll finish this unit up after the Thanksgiving break when we return on Tuesday, November 29. I hope you all have a wonderful break and Thanksgiving time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment